Sunday, May 20, 2012
Monday, April 23, 2012
Description: Images of older women in the media are frequently stereotyped or left out altogether. The 'Look at me! Images of Women and Ageing' project, led by Dr Lorna Warren at the University of Sheffield, encouraged women to create their own, alternative images - showing their experiences of ageing. A transcript of this video can be found at www.esrc.ac.uk/publications/multimedia/seven-days/transcript-image-identity.aspx
It is important to consider the stereotypes that might influence library marketing to older adults, perhaps it is men who might be missing from images used ... or older adults from diverse backgrounds? Are there stereotypes influencing the choice of programming for older adults at the library?
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
- making each day feel like a new beginning
- reinventing yourself on some level so that you don’t become your own “Groundhog Day”
- spend time in community with others
- become more involved in the pursuit of altruism
- find the bless in the mess
- laugh as often as possible
- keep a positive outlook: “if you think the worst and get the worst, you suffer twice; if you think the best and get the worst, you only suffer once.”
Monday, September 19, 2011
A tool kit is available.